Skate "Node" at Becker Park
The Park District installed a small skate "node" at Becker Park, 3400 W. Woodhill Lane. It contains two quarter pipes, a pyramid with planter box, a grind box, and a grind rail. The loop path within the park is also for the use of skaters – it is one of the few areas in the District where skateboarding is allowed.
SKATE AREA RULES
- CAUTION – Inline skating and skateboarding are high-risk recreational activities with inherent risks of serious injury.
- This area is intended for skateboards and in-line skate use only. Bikes and scooters are not allowed.
- This area is unsupervised. Skate at your own risk.
- Users must abide by the rules at all times.
- Have fun, respect others. Share the space. Be respectful of other riders.
- Helmets, knee pads, and elbow pads are REQUIRED.
- Falls are likely to occur and can result in sprains, bruises, abrasions, and more serious injuries.
- Ride within your own ability.
- No glass containers or alcoholic beverages.
- Please throw away your trash in the proper receptacles.
- No personally owned ramps, boxes, or other devices may be used in this facility.
- Skating is allowed in the park only where specifically signed.
- Skaters are responsible for inspecting equipment prior to use to ensure it is safe for skating. Do not use past dusk, or when wet or icy. Do not use equipment if broken. If hazardous conditions are present, contact the Park District immediately at 682-6684, or 682-1200.
- Swearing, fighting, and bad attitudes will not be tolerated.
- Failure to follow the above rules may result in the ejection from the area by Park District personnel. Continual abuses of these rules may result in the removal of the skate equipment.