Camp Wokanda Rental Facilities
Looking for that special place to plan a retreat, family reunion, wedding or special group campout? Wokanda is the place!
- All rentals have minimum rates.
- Additional fees for larger groups.
- Please rent your campsite at least one week in advance.
- Phone: 309.579-2157
Camp Wokanda is a 276 acre woodland setting including a lake, trails, dining hall, cabins, program buildings and tent camping. Since the 1920s, Wokanda has been building memories of the glow and warmth of a campfire. Our cabins offer groups with an excellent base camp to explore the natural beauty of Central Illinois' wooded bluffs. In the process, campers learn a little bit more about their role in the natural world. Get back to nature!
Wokanda is located on Boy Scout Road in the wooded bluffs near Mossville. From Peoria, take Rt. 29 north, and turn left on Old Galena Road just north of Rt. 6. Follow this past Mossville Grade School, then turn left on Boy Scout Road, and proceed to the park entrance. If you would like more information, a tour of the facilities, or to make a reservation, please call the camp office at (309) 579-2157.
Day Use Accommodations
Dining Hall (Capacity 250)
With over 4,000 square feet, this is an excellent facility for larger gatherings. Tables, chairs, benches, restrooms and kitchen use are included with basic rental.
Available: Spring, Summer and Fall
$400/day (8 am-12 pm)
$700 weekend rate (8 am-midnight)
Additional fees may apply
OA Lodge (Capacity 75)
This is a quaint older building with high wood walls and ceilings complete with two wood stoves to take the chill off. Restrooms, kitchen use, tables and chairs are included in the basic rental. Audio-visual equipment available upon request.
$180/day (24 hours)
Weekend fees are listed, but rentals are available 7 days a week.
Ridge Cabins (Year-round, Capacity 20 per cabin)
We have four old-time logging camp style buildings with wood floors, bunkbeds, electricity, wood stoves, outdoor fire ring and outhouses. Running water is nearby. Rentals include access to Wokanda's restroom and shower/facility.
$60/week night; $115/weekend; $230/week
Valley Cabins (Year-round, Capacity 12 per cabin)
For smaller groups, there are four cabins in our main valley that are similar to our ridge cabins, but with concrete floors. Rentals include access to Wokanda's restroom and shower facility.
$40/night; $75/weekend; $150/week
Group Camp Sites (Year-round, Capacity 10 per site)
There are several tent sites located throughout the camp to accommodate groups of various sizes. They are available with hand washing facility and privies. Other single tent sites available upon request.
$15/week night; $30/weekend; $60/week
Adirondacks (Year-round, Capacity 4 per unit)
We have three lean-tos (open on one side with wood floors), in a more remote part of the camp, that are great for that first pack-in experience.
$15/week night; $25/weekend/unit; $115/week for all three units
Block Rental Fees
Rent a portion or the entire Camp Wokanda for an exclusive experience.
Entire Ridge Camp: including North, South, East and West Cabins, Adirondacks, OA Lodge and all associated tent sites
$700/weekend (Friday, 6 pm check-in; Sunday, 11 am check-out)
$1225/week (Monday, 8 am check-in; Friday, 4:30 pm check-out)
Entire Valley Camp: including Apache, Blackfoot, Cherokee and Iroquois Cabins and Valley Tent Sites, Spirit Valley Amphitheater, Handicraft, Trading Post, Dining Hall and all valley tent sites
$900/weekend (Friday, 6 pm check-in; Sunday, 11 am check-out)
$1500/week (Monday, 8 am check-in; Friday, 4:30 pm check-out)
Other Rental Fees
All cabins: $20 per half bin; $40 per full bin. A half bin should provide one night's heat in cabin wood stoves.
OA Lodge: $30 per half bin; $60 per full bin. The Lodge has one heating stove. Downed and dead wood in the park is available for use by registered campers free of charge.
Canoes available as staffing permits
$5 per hour per canoe; two-hour minimum; 5 canoes available; complete with paddles and personal floatation devices.
Camp Use Guidelines
- Alcohol is not permitted at Camp Wokanda except by special arrangement at Dining Hall and OA Lodge.
- Proof of Host Liquor Liability insurance coverage is required ($1 million liability coverage with the Peoria Park District listed as additionally insured for the event).
- Check-in and check-out times should be held to unless special arrangements are made in advance.
- Quiet time is between 10 pm and 7 am.
- Cabins and campgrounds should be in a clean condition at checkout.
- All items in cabins and campgrounds must be returned to their original locations.
- Campfires are allowed in designated fire pits only.
- Fishing is catch and release.
- All garbage should be deposited in the dumpster by the maintenance building.
- Fire extinguishers should only be discharged in an emergency situation.
- Respect to other campers' space is expected.
- Pets are allowed on leashes. All pet waste should be picked up and disposed of properly.
- Parking is only permitted on the hard-surface, designated parking lots.
All rentals require advanced reservation and pre-payment.
Call Camp Wokanda at (309) 579-2157 or Forest Park Nature Center at (309) 686-3360. All rentals require 50% deposit to hold the date; full payment required one week in advance of rental date