8327 North Galena Road (Route 29)
Get a map of Detweiller Park
Manager: Tom Higdon, 691-3098
This massive park is a popular multi-use destination for Peoria area residents who enjoy golfing, soccer, volleyball, hiking, birding, and many other outdoor activities. Detweiller Drive, which runs through much of the park, features one of the finest, most diverse collections of oaks around. The early spring show of blooming redbuds, as well as the colorful fall foliage should not be missed.
Nature lovers should explore one or more of the park's 5+ miles of hiking trails traversing the steep, heavily dissected bluffs which characterize the undeveloped northern/northeastern portions of the park. The park also features:
- BMX Course
- Cross Country Running/Skiing
- Hiking Trails
- Large Open Playfields
- Picnic Shelters
- Play Areas
- Scenic Drives
- Soccer Fields
- Detweiller Park is home to a Dedicated Nature Preserve
Directions to Detweiller Park:
Detweiller Park is located on State Route 29. Major roads: Interstate 74 from the east and west and Route 29 from the North and South.
From the North: follow Route 29 going south. The park is located 1 mile south of Mossville Road on the right.
- From the South: follow Route 29 heading north. The park is located 2 miles north of Gardner Lane.
- From the East: exit Interstate 74 at Adams Street, which is the first exit across the bridge over the Illinois River. Follow Adams Street (Route 29) to park, approximately 10 miles.
- From the West: exit Interstate 74 on Route 6, North Chillicothe. Follow road to Route 29, 5 miles. Take Route 29 south to park, 2 miles on right.
|Detweiller Park is proud to be a site along the|