Weddings and Civil Unions at Luthy Botanical Garden
Civil Unions can be performed at Luthy Botanical Garden starting June 1, 2011. For information on this new law, please go to http://www.equalityillinois.org/civil.html
Celebrate Your Special Day
at Luthy Botanical Garden
Welcome to the Luthy Botanical Garden Wedding Page
Congratulations on your engagement! We are delighted you are considering the Garden as the site for your very special day. On this page we are pleased to offer a variety of information that will help you plan a beautiful and memorable wedding at the Garden, including (Photo above by Patricia W. Kinney):
- A description of potential wedding sites within the Botanical Garden
- Rental rates
- Contact information
- A copy of our Wedding Reservation Contract *
- A Wedding Timetable to help you plan your wedding*
- A Wedding Checklist to help you remember wedding details*
- Information about Evening Floral Weddings at the Garden*
*You may download examples of these documents by clicking on the PDF files at the bottom of this page.
Garden Wedding Sites
The Luthy Botanical Garden features a variety of unique settings, and one is sure to be perfect for your wedding, reception or party. Whether you celebrate under the blossoms of Crab Apple Cove or in the heart of the Woodland Garden, you are sure to create an event remembered for its beauty and distinction. Each Garden setting offers its own unique ambience and benefits. Whether you are planning a wedding for ten or 300, the Garden staff is happy to help you find the location that best suits your individual needs. Each of these romantic garden settings creates an elegant and natural backdrop for your festivities. Photos and videos are enhanced by the beauty of Luthy’s floral setting (Photo left by Patricia W. Kinney).
Featuring an extensive collection of tropical plants, the Conservatory provides a lush, tropical backdrop for your wedding -- a destination wedding without the air travel! Though limited to after-hours rental during floral shows, the seasonal floral displays at the Conservatory will create a fabulous setting for your ceremony. The seating capacity is 75-80 people. (See pdf file below for information about Evening Floral Weddings in the Conservatory.)
The Rose Garden, at the heart of the Garden, features a grand arbor, All-America rose selections, classic roses and floral displays that provide season-long color. Its seating capacity is 350 people, and it can accommodate 40'x40' and 20'x20' tents.
Crabapple Cove is defined by an enclosure of flowering crabapples that bloom in April and an intimate arbor nestled up to a magnificent Fernleaf Beech. Its seating capacity is 300 people, and it can accommodate 40'x40' and 20'x20' tents.
Featuring a circular flagstone amphitheatre shaded with an arc of American Yellowwood trees, the seating capacity of Learning Circle is 150 people. It can accommodate 25'x25' and 20'x20' tents.
A classic gazebo, echoing a Victorian garden, is located near the fountain and serves as an intimate setting for a small wedding. Its seating capacity is 10-30 people.
Capturing the spirit of our native Illinois woodland in spring, summer or fall, this location features majestic trees, wooded paths and a verdant glade. The Woodland Garden provides a lush, shaded backdrop for your ceremony. Its seating capacity is 300 people, and it can accommodate 40'x40' and 20'x20' tents.
A cascading waterfall, extensive planting and a wooded clearing characterize the Wildlife Garden. Its seating capacity is 50 people, and it can accommodate 40'x40' and 20'x20' tents.
- $455 for residents, $530 for non-residents, which includes two hours in the Garden (during regular business hours) on the day of your event. There is an additional $75 security deposit. Wedding parties remaining more than 15 minutes beyond scheduled rental will be charged $100. To comply, renter must provide credit card number or completed check for $100 with contract. Upon completion of the contract, any unutilized check or credit card number will be destroyed.
- Add $25 per hour for weddings after regular business hours.
- Add $50 for each hour beyond the first two hours during regular business hours and $75 per hour for each hour beyond the first two hours after regular business hours
- $75 rehearsal fee (one hour, scheduled at least 30 days in advance)
- The chair rental fee is $2 per chair, which includes set up and take down by the Garden staff. Chair requirements beyond 250 must be provided, set up and removed by the renter. Our chairs must be rented before additional chairs can be brought in. Small tables/pedestals can be rented for $10 each.
Contact Us to Plan Your Special Day
- Call (309) 681-3507 to speak with our wedding coordinator, Ann Kizer, or e-mail her at email@example.com
- Our Wedding Reservation Contract should answer many of your questions (You may download an example of this document by clicking on the PDF file at the bottom of this page.)
- After you take a tour of the Garden with Ann and are ready to reserve your date for a wedding at Luthy Botanical Garden, you will complete the Wedding Reservation form with her.
Receptions at the Zambezi River Lodge
Discover how your wedding at the Botanical Garden can be conveniently combined with a reception at the Peoria Zoo! The Zoo, adjacent to the Garden; has a wonderful banquet facility that can accommodate up to 160 seated guests, or more at casual functions. Call (309) 681-3519 for more information.