The Peoria Park District hires without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or disability. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled
The Division of Marketing/Public Relations is offering a 12-15 hour/week internship. The aim is to expose students to the planning, design, and production of marketing materials for a variety of Park District programs and events.
• An interest in the field of marketing, graphic design, public relations, advertising, and/or assistance with events
• Proficiency with PC’s, including programs such as InDesign, Microsoft Word, Photoshop
• Graphic design or layout experience - Applicant should be prepared to show examples of work from real use or class
• Ability to commit 10-12 weeks to the experience
• Will assist Marketing Division with a variety of duties which may include:
o Creating press releases, flyers, posters, tickets, ads, newsletters or other means of promotion
o Website maintenance
o Photographing events/sports/classes
• May assist with soliciting event sponsors, updating sponsor materials
• May work with Recreation Staff in the planning/execution of summer special events (may include Glen Oak Amphitheatre, Senior or Fine Arts programs)
• Organizing Clip Art
Compensation package possible pending negotiation between student, university and PPD.
Peoria Zoo Division
The Peoria Zoo has several internships available. Please click here to check them out.