The Peoria Park District hires without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or disability. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled
Recreation Division - Athletics Intern
POSITION: Spring Internship (February-May 2014)
• High school diploma required; some college experience highly preferred.
• Knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office and experience in event planning.
• Ability to work independently and maintain a flexible schedule.
• Display a good understanding of the philosophy of recreation sports programs.
• Some knowledge of sports skills and methods required.
• Ability to work cooperatively with private organizations and special interest groups.
• A valid driver’s license.
• The candidate will help and be primarily involved in the Youth Soccer Program but will be able to gain additional experience in other departments under the Recreation Division.
• The candidate will develop goals and objectives for their experience and be asked to evaluate them at the end of their internship.
• Assist the coaches in the setup/tear-down of practices and games.
• Prepare records and reports including payroll, league/event schedules, evaluations, and marketing materials.
• Assist the Athletics Manager in the planning, administering and evaluating of the Summer Activities including but not limited to the Hershey Track and Field Event, Youth Baseball (Tee Ball, Coach Pitch, Minors, Majors, Pony Travel & House), Adult Dodgeball League, Wiffleball Tournament, and Youth and Adult Tennis Program, Sand Volleyball and Adult Softball Leagues.
• Assist as needed in the management of the Lakeview Recreation Center and the Mossville Soccer Complex.
• All other duties as assigned.
Applications and resumes will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
For any questions or for more information, please contact Matt Suellentrop, Athletics Manager, at (309) 681-2866 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Division of Marketing/Public Relations is offering a 12-15 hour/week internship. The aim is to expose students to the planning, design, and production of marketing materials for a variety of Park District programs and events.
• An interest in the field of marketing, graphic design, public relations, advertising, and/or assistance with events
• Proficiency with PC’s, including programs such as InDesign, Microsoft Word, Photoshop
• Graphic design or layout experience - Applicant should be prepared to show examples of work from real use or class
• Ability to commit 10-12 weeks to the experience
• Will assist Marketing Division with a variety of duties which may include:
o Creating press releases, flyers, posters, tickets, ads, newsletters or other means of promotion
o Website maintenance
o Photographing events/sports/classes
• May assist with soliciting event sponsors, updating sponsor materials
• May work with Recreation Staff in the planning/execution of summer special events (may include Glen Oak Amphitheatre, Senior or Fine Arts programs)
• Organizing Clip Art
Compensation package possible pending negotiation between student, university and PPD.
Peoria Zoo Division
The Peoria Zoo has several internships available. Please click here to check them out.