Registration Policies/General Information
- Registrations for Fall 2013 will be processed beginning AUGUST 26.
- Programs have minimums and maximums, and are filled on a first come, first serve basis. The Peoria Park District (PPD) reserves the right to add, modify, omit and otherwise change any or all of the program provisions (including advertised fees and charges) outlined in this brochure when deemed in the best interest of the participants. Such changes may also be instituted due to situations which develop that are beyond our control.
- The PPD reserves the right to modify, postpone, or combine programs, or change instructors. You will receive a full refund for programs cancelled by the PPD.
- Before you buy supplies, check three days in advance to make sure class will begin as scheduled.
Fees and Payments
|R||Resident fee paid by those who live/pay taxes within Park District boundaries. If you are a resident, your property tax bill will have a line for "Pleasure Driveway and Park District of Peoria."|
|M||Member fee paid by those who are members of a certain facility|
- Residents 65 and over receive 10% off regular fees. Senior programs and golf lessons are excluded from this discount.
- No pro-rated class fees.
- In the event that a check or checks are presented to the PPD or one of its facilities for services, merchandise or other fees is not honored because there are insufficient funds in the account to cover the check or the account is closed, the drawer shall be liable for the amount of the check plus $25 (per check) for costs incurred by the PPD. In the event the PPD commences a collection action in the court to collect the amount of the check, the drawer shall be liable for all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees incurred by the PPD in connection with the collection of the amount for which the check was written and any other damages permitted under Illinois law.
- When you provide a check as payment, you authorize the Peoria Park District to use information from the check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account. In certain circumstances, such as for technical or processing reasons, we may process your payment as a check transaction. When the Peoria Park District uses information from your check to make an electronic fund transfer, funds may be withdrawn from your account as soon as the same day we receive your payment, and you will not receive your check back from your financial institution.
The Park District must receive a written request to drop or transfer at least 2 business days in advance of the first program meeting. No refunds will be issued after that time. A $5 service charge is made for each session dropped or transferred.
Americans With Disabilities
In keeping with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), recreation programs offered by the Park District are available in the most integrated setting possible to facilitate program participation. The Park District will make reasonable accommodation to disabled individuals who meet essential eligibility requirements for the desired program. For information regarding accessibility of Park District facilities and programs, call 688-3667. Our TDD number is 686-3355.
The Park District realizes that there are people in the community who may suffer from economic setbacks which could prevent their participation in programs. The District has a limited amount of scholarship funds available. Scholarships are awarded to Peoria Park District residents only on the basis of financial need. Applications are available at the Recreation Office in the Glen Oak Pavilion and at community agencies in Peoria. Scholarship applications must be returned by the person applying. Call 688-3667.
The Peoria Park District will not exclude anyone from participation in, deny anyone the benefits of, or otherwise subject anyone to discrimination because of the person's race, sex, color, national origin or disability (except where sex is a bonafide requirement for participation). Contact the Equal Opportunity Officer at 682-1200 if you have questions.