Vicary Bottoms Dog Park
Hours: Sunrise to sunset
The Peoria Park District has designated Vicary Bottoms, (a section of property off Kickapoo Creek Road, north of Farmington Road) as a dog exercise area. It is highly recommended that this area be used only by well-trained dogs and their handlers as this area is not fenced. A complete list of rules is posted at the site, but here are some general guidelines:
- Dogs must be accompanied by an owner or handler at all times and owners may bring no more than two dogs per person per visit.
- Owners are responsible for the behavior of their dogs and shall be held solely responsible for any injuries or damage caused by their dogs.
- Owners shall carry a leash at all times, and dogs must be leashed when entering and leaving the park.
- Owners must pick up and properly dispose of their dog’s feces. Bags and a trash can are available.
- Dogs must be currently vaccinated against rabies, legally licensed, and wearing county rabies vaccination identification tags at all times.
- For safety reasons, children must be ten (10) years of age to use the park, and must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- There are no facilities at Vicary Bottoms, so owners may also wish to bring water for their dogs.