Central District Trustee Vacancy
Submissions Due on or before May 15, 2017
With the resignation of Trustee Kelly Cummings effective May 1, 2017, the Peoria Park District Board of Trustees is seeking applications from interested residents of its Central District to serve the remainder of Cummings’ term, which will expire in Spring 2019.
For the purposes of this vacancy, the Illinois Park District Code requires trustees to be a legal voter and reside within the Central District of the Park District.
With these eligibility criteria in mind, interested parties are asked to submit:
○ Letter of Interest, including information about why he/she wants to be a trustee and confirmation of residency within the Central District of the Peoria Park District (click here to view the voting district map). The letter should also address the following questions:
● What issues do you believe are the most critical facing the Peoria Park District today?
● Most relevant experiences that will inform your work as a Park Board Trustee?
● Potential conflicts of interest that would affect your ability to serve
○ Resumé or Peoria Park District Volunteer form
○ Waiver to allow for background check
Application packets may be submitted to the Secretary of the Board at 1125 West Lake Avenue, Peoria, IL 61614. To be considered, complete application packets must be received at the above address no later than 12 noon on Monday, May 15.
All applications will be reviewed by the Board and they reserve the right to conduct interviews with selected applicants before voting to fill the vacancy.
Public stewards of nearly 9,000 acres of park and greenspace and another 185 buildings, the Park District’s mission is “To enrich life in our community through stewardship of the environment and the provision of quality recreational and leisure opportunities.” To learn more, please visit www.peoriaparks.org.