Full Time Opportunities
Full Time Opportunities
BENEFITS FOR FULL TIME EMPLOYEES INCLUDE:
- Regular work hours each week
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Your immediate family will also be able to use many Peoria Park District facilities/programs at no/reduced cost including golf, ice skating, swimming, sports, classes and more.
The Peoria Park District hires without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or disability. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in any position, you MUST download/print an employment application form. Your application form (along with a resume if one is available) can be:
1. Mailed to the address at the bottom of the application
2. Faxed to (309) 686-3352
3. Dropped off in person at the Noble Center, 1125 W. Lake Avenue in Lakeview Park (Mon-Fri, 8 am-4:30 pm)
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Assistant Golf Course Manager - Kellogg Golf Course
POSITION: Full Time
The Peoria Park District is dedicated to its mission: “To enrich life in our community through stewardship of the environment and through provision of quality recreation and leisure opportunities.” Our employees enjoy a casual work environment, exceptional benefits and perks, opportunities for development and real opportunities to make a difference in the community we serve.
In collaboration and under the supervision of the Golf Course Manager, the Assistant Golf Course Manager is responsible for a number of specific tasks as outlined below.
- Act as manager in the absence of the course manager.
- Assist in supervising all personnel reporting to the course manager.
- Assist with budget preparation and maintenance.
- Stay current with the latest chemical and turf maintenance practices and attend scheduled and special meetings pertaining to golf.
- Understand all Peoria Park District rules and regulations, especially those pertaining to golf.
- Follow all safety procedures that pertain to the duties performed and support all aspects of the Park District’s safety program.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- A minimum of a two-year degree from an accredited college, junior college, or university in agronomy, turf management, horticulture, or related field. Extensive experience may be taken into consideration in lieu of meeting the educational requirement.
- Experience in golf course or fine turf grass maintenance operations.
- Understanding of basic turf grass management techniques and the biological foundations of turf grass.
- Working knowledge of pesticides and pesticide application techniques, and the ability to obtain a valid State of Illinois Pesticide Operators certificate.
- Knowledge of the game of golf.
- Ability to work harmoniously with the public and fellow employees in an enthusiastic and cooperative manner.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays required.
- Must maintain a valid Illinois State Driver’s License.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Outstanding benefit package to include:
- Vacation days and Holidays
- Bonus programs and Wellness programs
- Pension and retirement programs and Social Security participating
- Exceptional health plan
- Full-time employees and dependents enjoy free admission to Park District facilities
- Must become a member of the Teamster’s Local Union No. 627.
- Salary range: Apprentice rate: $20.94 per hour; After three months: $26.17 per hour; After five years: $26.71 per hour.
- While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.