The Peoria Park District hires without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or disability. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in any position, you MUST download/print an employment application form. Your application form (along with a resume if one is available) can be:
- Mailed to the address at the bottom of the application.
- Faxed to (309) 686-3352.
- Dropped off in person at the Noble Center at 1125 W. Lake Avenue in Lakeview Park (Mon-Fri, 8 am-4:30 pm).
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
JOB TITLE: Athletics Intern
POSITION: Part-Time Internship (February-May 2018)
- High school diploma required; some college experience highly preferred.
- Knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office and experience in event planning.
- Ability to work independently and maintain a flexible schedule.
- Ability to display a good understanding of the philosophy of recreation sports programs.
- Some knowledge of sports skills and methods required.
- Ability to work cooperatively with private organizations and special interest groups.
- Develop goals and objectives for the internship experience and evaluate them at the end of the internship.
- Assist the coaches in the set up/tear down of practices and games.
- Prepare records and reports including payroll, league/event schedules, evaluations, and marketing materials.
- Assist the Athletics Coordinator in the planning, administering and evaluating of Youth Baseball (Tee Ball, Coach Pitch, Minors, Majors, Pony League).
- Assist as needed in the management of the Lakeview Recreation Center and the Mossville Soccer Complex.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Pay rate: $8.50-10.00 per hour.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- The candidate will be primarily involved in the Youth Soccer Program but will be able to gain additional experience in other departments under the Recreation Division.
Peoria PlayHouse Children's Museum Internships
The Peoria PlayHouse Children’s Museum
The Peoria PlayHouse Children’s Museum is a new children’s museum located in Glen Oak Park that opened in June of 2015. The PlayHouse offers 8,000 square feet of exhibit space with hands-on, interactive exhibits which showcase the industry, culture, and natural environment of Peoria and Central Illinois. In addition to permanent exhibits, the PlayHouse also offers a number of workshops and programs for families, kids, and adults.
The mission of the PlayHouse is to help children become explorers and creators of the world. Successful interns are innovative thinkers and leaders who are outgoing to possess a commitment to diversity and excellent customer service in support of PlayHouse goals.
The Exhibits intern will help the Exhibit Care Coordinator in maintaining the six PlayHouse exhibits. This includes implementing and improving a weekly care and maintenance schedule, and training other museum staff in new approaches and troubleshooting.
In addition, the Exhibits intern may choose to:
- Examine existing signage and propose updates and improvements, and implement approved changes
- Assist with inventorying existing props and make recommendations for vendors, new products, etc.
- Assist with exhibit maintenance and repair documentation and tracking systems.
- Design a 2018 exhibit for the PlayHouse hayloft
- Assist with fundraising for the upcoming Discovery Zone exhibit
- Perform support in other areas of daily museum operations
- Ideal candidates will be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Open-minded and creative; ability to devise new approaches and solutions to exhibit-related problems.
- Willingness to work with their hands and learn to use new tools and materials.
- This position requires physical ability to bend, lift, etc.
- Be able to use language clearly to convey process-based information such as how to fix an exhibit.
- Previous museum experience is not required. Experience or training working with tools, and/or working with museum exhibits, engineering, or architectural work is preferred but not required.
- Applicants must be upper-level undergraduate (sophomore, junior or senior) or graduate level.
- Understanding of and interest in the experiences and learning processes of children and families.
- All intern placements are contingent upon the successful completion of screening requirements including a background check. Please be sure to fill out application in addition to sending resume and cover letter.
Internship dates and hours:
Flexible schedule is available; interns are expected to work 2 to 3 days/week.
To apply for college internship:
Please complete the Intern Application Form located at:
Please contact Kristin Vannatta, Operations Manager at [email protected] with additional questions.