Owens Center Skating School
About Our Skating School
Our Skating School Group Lessons are designed for recreational skaters ages 3 and up, whether the goal is to play hockey, figure skate, or have a FUN activity, our skating school is the starting point. Skate Rental is included with the cost of the class.
Clothing & Skates:
Warm, comfortable clothing with mittens/gloves and protective head gear or hats for young children is recommended. Adults additionally benefit from wrist guards and knee pads. Skate rental is included in the cost of your lessons. Skates should be your shoe size or one size larger. Wear one pair of thin socks.
1. There are NO TEACHER REQUESTS.
2. A minimum of 5 skaters is required for classes to be conducted.
3. The Instructor to Participant Ratio is one instructor to 5-10 participants.
4. No pro-rated classes after week 3.
5. If you miss a class, there are NO MAKE-UP CLASSES.
Fees & Transfers:
Class fees vary and are included on the charts on the opposite page. A $5 administrative fee will be charged for any drop, transferring of class, registering for a class on the day you plan to attend, or registering for Saturday morning classes the day prior after 4pm. The $5 administrative fee is only good for one student per request. Please note: transfers may not occur after a class begins. If a student is no longer able to attend classes, a credit will be assessed from the time the skating school is notified that the student is unable to attend. The Owens Center will offer a credit balance for the classes remaining in the session good for one year from when the credit is requested. Refunds will only be issued if there is a signed medical excuse or proof of a work transfer.
• Mail registration form to Owens Center, 1019 W. Lake, Peoria, IL 61614
• Register in person at Owens Center daily from 9 am-8 pm
• Fax your registration (with Visa, MC, American Express or Discover number)
Check out our lesson chart here. Each class time/level must meet a class minimum in order to run.