Peoria PlayHouse Children’s Museum Volunteers
The Peoria PlayHouse will be a hands-on, interactive children’s museum where children, along with their families, will dream, explore, and learn through play. As we prepare to open our doors in June, 2015 we need a solid group of wonderful volunteers, just like you, to help the PlayHouse be a huge success!
Adult Positions (18+)
Regularly scheduled positions:
- Greeter: Welcome museum visitors with a warm smile, direct visitors, answer questions, assist with checking strollers, engage children and families waiting to enter museum.
- Membership: Promote a good cause by providing information and answering questions about membership levels and benefits. Assist visitors in filling out membership forms and work with staff to ensure proper processing of membership forms.
- Play Specialist: Facilitate exceptional guest experiences by engaging visitors with exhibitions. Organize and tidy exhibits and props. An outgoing personality and approachability are highly desirable for this position.
- Carpentry Facilitator: Assist children in the Real Tools exhibit as they use hammers, saws, drills, and other tools. Must be comfortable with basic carpentry tools and interested in working with children.
- Special Events and Behind the Scenes: Volunteer as it fits in with your schedule for various events and rentals at the museum. Additional projects may include workshop prep, office support, and other duties as offered.
Teen Positions (ages 14-18)
Become a Teen Volunteer at the PlayHouse Children’s Museum! Spend your summer working with kids and families while also learning some great professional skills. Teen volunteers are 14 to 18 years of age. Please submit your application by 5/1/2015. For more information check out the Teen Volunteer position description.
To apply for volunteer positions at the Peoria PlayHouse Children’s Museum click here and complete the complete the application.