- Programs have minimums and maximums, and are filled on a first come, first serve basis. The Peoria Park District (PPD) reserves the right to add, modify, omit and otherwise change any or all of the program provisions (including advertised fees and charges) outlined in this brochure when deemed in the best interest of the participants. Such changes may also be instituted due to situations which develop that are beyond our control.
- The PPD reserves the right to modify, postpone, or combine programs, or change instructors. You will receive a full refund for programs cancelled by the PPD.
- Before you buy supplies, check three days in advance to make sure class will begin as scheduled.
Fees and Payments
|R||Resident fee paid by those who live/pay taxes within Park District boundaries. If you are a resident, your property tax bill will have a line for “Pleasure Driveway and Park District of Peoria.”|
|M||Member fee paid by those who are members of a certain facility|
- Residents 65 and over receive 10% off regular fees. Senior programs and golf lessons are excluded from this discount.
- No pro-rated class fees.
- In the event that a check or checks are presented to the PPD or one of its facilities for services, merchandise or other fees is not honored because there are insufficient funds in the account to cover the check or the account is closed, the drawer shall be liable for the amount of the check plus $25 (per check) for costs incurred by the PPD. In the event the PPD commences a collection action in the court to collect the amount of the check, the drawer shall be liable for all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees incurred by the PPD in connection with the collection of the amount for which the check was written and any other damages permitted under Illinois law.
- When you provide a check as payment, you authorize the Peoria Park District to use information from the check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account. In certain circumstances, such as for technical or processing reasons, we may process your payment as a check transaction. When the Peoria Park District uses information from your check to make an electronic fund transfer, funds may be withdrawn from your account as soon as the same day we receive your payment, and you will not receive your check back from your financial institution.
The Park District must receive a written request to drop or transfer at least 2 business days in advance of the first program meeting. No refunds will be issued after that time. A $5 service charge is made for each session dropped or transferred. Please note that Day Camp policies differ. See below.
Americans With Disabilities
In keeping with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), recreation programs offered by the Park District are available in the most integrated setting possible to facilitate program participation. The Park District will make reasonable accommodation to disabled individuals who meet essential eligibility requirements for the desired program. For information regarding accessibility of Park District facilities and programs, call 688-3667. Our TDD number is 686-3355.
The Peoria Park District scholarship program is designed to assist in providing qualifying Peoria Park District residents access to our programs and facilities. Scholarships are offered on a sliding scale, based on financial need. We have simplified our application process to ensure accessibility to all applicants. A limited number of scholarship funds are available. Scholarship funds are NOT available for Vagabond Tours excursions, leagues which incur separate team and player fees, admission fees or season passes. Click here for a program scholarship application. Program scholarship applications are also available at the Recreation Office in the Noble Center (1125 W. Lake Avenue) and at community agencies in Peoria. Click here for a RiverPlex scholarship application. RiverPlex scholarship applications are available at the RiverPlex (600 NE Water Street) and at the Recreation Office in the Noble Center (1125 W. Lake Avenue). Scholarship applications must be returned by the person applying. Call 688-3667 for more information.
The Peoria Park District will not exclude anyone from participation in, deny anyone the benefits of, or otherwise subject anyone to discrimination because of the person’s race, sex, color, national origin or disability (except where sex is a bonafide requirement for participation). Contact the Equal Opportunity Officer at 682-1200 if you have questions.
Day Camp Policies
• Your camp fees can be paid in weekly installments through an automatic installment billing process.
• Registration for a minimum of 4 weeks is required for payment plan.
• Two weeks of camp will be charged at the time of enrollment into our automated billing plan.
• Installment billing must be set up as an automatic charge/debit to a credit card or from a bank account. All automatic (or electronic) account withdrawals and credit card charges will be processed on the Monday prior to each camp week registered (7 days before camp week).
• Your signature and credit card information must be on a signed payment plan.
• Payment plan registration is only available at the Noble Center (1125 W Lake Ave). THIS SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE.
• Automated billing is not available for Peoria Zoo, Proctor Center, or Spring Break Camps.
• For more information and/or enrollment forms for this payment option, please contact the registration office at (309) 688-3667.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT – REGISTER BY APRIL 1
• Register your children by Friday, April 1 and receive 10% off your entire summer camp purchase.
• Early Bird Discount IS available online.
• Early Bird Discount is not available for Peoria Zoo, Proctor Center, or Spring Break Camps.
MULTIPLE WEEK DISCOUNT – STARTING APRIL 2
• Available starting Monday, April 2.
• The more weeks you register for, the more you save!
- Register a child for 10-11 weeks of camp, receive 10% off entire camp registration.
- Register a child for 7-9 weeks of camp, receive 7% off entire camp registration.
- Register a child for 4-6 weeks of camp, receive 5% off entire camp registration.
• Only available by registering at Noble Center (1125 W Lake Ave). THIS SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE.
• Multiple child registrations can not be combined for greater discount.
• Parents must register all at once or be set up with our automated billing to qualify for this discount.
• Additional withdrawal fees may apply.
• Multiple Week Discount is not available for Peoria Zoo, Proctor Center, or Spring Break Camps.
Camp Refund Policy
Please read the Refund Policy for Day Camps carefully as this policy is different than the normal class/program refund policy of the Peoria Park District. These refund policies do not apply to Peoria Zoo Camp.
• The Peoria Park District must receive a written notice of cancellation for Day Camp at least 14 days prior to the start of the week of camp that you are cancelling in order to receive a full refund minus a $5 service charge.
• NO FULL REFUNDS will be issued if cancelling Day Camp less than 14 days from the start date of the week of camp you wish to cancel. You will then receive a 50% refund for each session with less than 14 days notice.
• NO REFUNDS will be given once each week of camp has started.
• In case of transfers to another camp within the Peoria Park District, there will be a $5 service fee charged for each child per session transferred.
• For Peoria Zoo Camp, no refunds after payment is received, and payment is due by April 1 or at the time of registration.
• Additional withdrawal fees may apply to multiple week discount program participants.
Scholarships are available based on economic need. Apply at Noble Center Registration Desk.
HISRA Inclusion Services
Attention residents of Peoria, Morton, Chillicothe and Washington Park Districts! Is there a program offered at your local park district that you would love for your child with special needs to be a part of, but they may need a little help? Call the Heart of Illinois Special Recreation Association (HISRA) at (309) 391-1929, or fill out an “Inclusion Request” on our website at www.hisra.org.
Upon reviewing the participant’s needs, HISRA’s professional staff will work to integrate a participant into a program, adapt activities and provide additional support if appropriate to create an inclusive setting and successful experience. HISRA provides all inclusion services at no cost to residents of its Member Districts. Please contact HISRA to learn about nonresident inclusion rates.